The Mission of Tech Prep is to provide students with integrated technical, occupational, and academic skills to apply those skills to the ever-changing needs of the world of work.
These programs have one or more of the following:
- Combine at least two years of secondary education and a minimum of two years postsecondary education in a coherent sequence of courses.
- Have a common core of required courses in Math, Science, Reading, Writing, Communications, Social Studies, and Technology.
- Integrate academic, career, technical instruction, and use work-based and worksite learning appropriate and available.
- May include an articulation agreement(s) of advanced standing(s).
- Build student competence through applied, contextual academic and integrated instruction.
- Lead to an associate or a baccalaureate degree or a postsecondary certificate in a specific career field.
- Lead to placement in related employment or further education.
- Provide technical preparation in at least one field of engineering technology, applied science, mechanical, industrial, practical art or trade, agriculture, health, or business.
The following programs are offered:
- CADDI and II
- Desktop Publishing
- Web Page Development
- Accounting I and II
- Welding I
- Advanced Welding